UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeHas Chat had its day ???? Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Has Chat had its day ????

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Has Chat had its day ???? Empty
PostSubject: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:51 pm

Chat sites,have they had their day
lets take the old UK.chatterbox
that many once enjoyed,in its begining
it proved a winner,with many enjoying
chatting away on all subjects,having
a laugh,many enduring friendships formed
from around the World not just in this country
many romances also,even Marrages for some
then for some reason the numbers chatting
slowly diminished with time,till in the end
there were just a trickle,a far cry from its
hay days,then when it went down,many people
started moaning away crying its loss,yet many
of these same people were ones that left the
threads which lead to its departcher in the
first place,since then many alternate sites
sprung up including this one,based simular
to the old successful UKcb,offering some where
for people to engage in chat,poetry,having
a laugh,or just letting their hair down
for a while,oppertunities to again form
frindships,for some meets,romance or what ever,
yet as iv observered not only here but else
where on other sites,the levels of partisipation
have been to say the lease a little wanting,
there seems plenty who sign up to chat etc
then are never seen again or just look in and
say nothing at all,whats the point,a site is
what you make it,or not make it,a place to air
any grivences,have a moan,talk politics,or just
general things life etc,ask for oppinions or help
i feel sorry for the people who have gone out of
their way to take the trouble to provide some
where for people to enjoy,then see all their efferts
are in vain,they see members names rise so the
sites look healthy,yet those same members names
never again are seen on the boards,its said they all
gone to face book,or twitter,well yes plenty are,
but even those are fast becoming boaring to the point
were even they are fast loseing participating members
yes plenty sign up but the same applies,only a few
in real terms bother to use it as it was intended
and that includes myself,have people lost the will
or power to communicate with each other,lost a sence
of having some fun,or is there an upsurge of life out
there in the real World that prevents them tapping
some keys on their laptops etc,or is it a natural
part of computing eveloution,that what was new and
exiting to explore,now has evolved into some thing
mundaine thats just took for granted and has lost
its appeal. cool2
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:48 am

It made me feel sad reading your content Mr B.

I think that when someone - like our LadyG - creates an "oasis" - or a football web-site - or a club - or similar - it will wither and die through lack of interest - but if like a garden - it is tended - it will never die - maybe some "oasis's" are like a well in a desert - you know there there - and its enough to know that.

I spent a lot on newspaper  advertising for a club for victims of A S B - I think I only ever had 2 phonecalls.....and as for my N N forum....members progress on and are gone - I'm "picking" up people who fall into my web - but if I didn't answer - there would be no answer -

Maybe as you say - the "magic" has gone - from such "oasis's" - at the present time -I consider yourself as a friend - and others I have had the good fortune or bad fortune to "meet".

I won't be unattentive of my "gardens"

wave
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
niagarafalls
Website Admin
Website Admin
niagarafalls

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 4:30 pm

:bmb:  are yer in-sin-u 'aten da site lacks a certain explosive kick start ?
:gng:  or that maybe da peepers are need'en a little per-swasion ?

cof:  Sometimes peepers sign up after surfing the web for places to chat ,have fun like you say. And when there is little or no activity they might surf on elsewhere. What is happening here Beaver is this site was created in the hopes of attracting chatters from ukcb that no longer have ukcb to peep into. The idea intended was and is to create a safe haven for regulars on forums on ukcb to hang out in a similar friendly place where peepers know other peeps until ukcb comes back. And that hasn't happened yet. Little by little one by one chatters from over on ukcb have been turning up and registering which does indeed show a sign of support.

Having built a small business Bev I can tell you that you don't start out in a business built up from the bottom with little resources with a clientele of many. That is unless you buy a already well established business that somebody else built up. With little resources that would be even less possible than building up yer own business at the same time building up a clienteel base. Looking for customers is not at all the same as looking for employment ! So yer first task is building up a clientele base. Befer you even make your move into such a business venture yer will agonize over how in the heck are yer going to get the people to come to you ?
Well, there's a thing called advertising ,and that's the first step and it does cost to advertise.

But there is also a free source of advertising and that is by word of mouth. If yer work or product is good ,than people who are satisfied tell other people about yer good works or product.

Now, if it's yer work and not a product than there is other problematic issues to confront and that is what type of clients do you want and what type you don't want or will not have. So at this stage we're moving along in the process,what type we want and the type or types we will not have.

Well, here the problem is just that. What you are a part of Bev is the building of this site and that of making it what it will turn out to be or not. What it will not be is a place for hell raisers and disruptors to hang out in and raise havoc. What you want it to be is what it can be but it is a timely process given the very particular specifications there are.

This can be the kind of place where peeps can check in mornings befor off to work ,or pop in on break time just like it was on ukcb.  The difference between this site and others is this one is being built up by the user base.

If you have ideas about building it up or what it should be or what you want it to be,put it down and lets have some chat going around about it.
It can be what you want it to be and more than that.

So, whats it gonna take to make it happen ? What do you think Bev ? Let's start kicking around some ideas. This site is all about the people that utilize it ,so lets put our heads together and make it happen.

Ok, how's about it ?

Good post Beaver and well written.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:08 am

wave Hello Mrs P, Mr Bomber Niagra Laughing  yes Lady G Has created a little oasis were peeps can pop in that Miss the chat that was on UKcb, and a good job she has made of it to,and yes  also to Niagra, yes I know that any venture requires time to mature,to become every thing that it was intended to become, my point is that many have bemoaned the passing of the old UKcb  all saying how they miss chatting to old online friends through the threads, and are actively searching for a place to continue chatting and having some fun, and afew people have taken the time and trouble to provide just such places like our very own L.G. has with this one, to attract members yes advertise its presence let people know who you are,what your providing, and where to find it,and how to use it,who is welcome and who is not etc, this has been done through word of mouth and the air ways,through former members who are on face book etc, some have looked in signed up posted one or two threads then vanished again,iv trolled around a few sites just to have a look see how others are fairing and like here,maby the odd couple to three or four seem to be the only ones that seem to chat yet these same sites also sport many more signed up members Shocked ????? but were are they,go back and back through past threads and still no show,yet obviously they know were you are,whats on offer etc, iv even seen some who have also signed up on  here yet now are not seen any where Shocked this and other sites that are new that have sprung up all have the same problem yes,getting members to start posting threads,when they do things can happen,but thing will not happen if they don't,the clientel  is there,just the will to participate needed,take a look at UKcb is it up yet site,, read all the peoples threads going way back all saying how much they all miss the banter etc, well my point is if they all miss it so much then why have they not joined and supported one of the many sites on offer including this one to continue doing so,only then can we all start having some fun etc again and join in some banter no matter your race,colour,faith,sex or what ever,ok I know for many work commitments prevent them doing so to any great extent,and other social reasons,but those same reasons were present even when they posted of the old site to so like you said Niagra  many make a quick post before going to work,or on dinner breaks etc or in the evenings after work etc,the same can apply on here or on some other site they signed up on,so I again ask,has the chat site era had its day,has the death nail been hammered in,or is it just like the resurrection of Frankenstein  from the grave, a sudden bolt from the blue will surcharge these threads and the threads boom  into turbo charge and screaming yes screaming out on the threads not talking,not chatting but hell bent rocking the boards scfwav rent the air waves fnn  or am I just dreaming :wit2: Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

In answer to one part of your "debate" - I joined a site which I thought was lovely and a good place for me to be - however - there was "rank upsetment" - affecting people I "knew" - hence I departed - out of respect for those affected - it was NOT the place I thought it.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:44 am

Rolling Eyes Yes I know what your saying Mrs P. some try and make others enjoyment a little less enjoyable for some unknown reason,we are all different and so to how we think,or what interests us, take myself,im only rearly on a chat site to have some fun and have a break from the real world and its woe's,let my hair down a little have a laugh or two,some others just want to debate some thing,talk politics etc, show their intellect as such,what one likes another don't,its just the way of things I suppose,some times whats said that's meant to be taken in fun the way it was intended can be misconstrued to mean some thing else,thats one draw back from using computers, faecail  expressions that can convey more than words can say,then there are those who just for their own reasons just want to cause mayhem on line,thats how they get their kicks,why I don't know,we are all different with different things that intnerrest us,and differing ways of looking at things that do not bode well with others,thats what makes us all so unique
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:09 am

Well written.

YES. Some people I think join ONLY for causing Upsetment - which can "frighten" away people not used to the "rotten apple" syndrome.....and some of the venom is appalling. 

I also think that's when you need a "strong" admin/mod - to call a HALT - hence always having a "guard" - who isn't afraid of being abused - which usually follows - by using alternate names/IP's.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:13 am

Don't give up with here, I'm currently making some new pages which will be linked to here, the pages should get a better ranking on Google and other search engines.

I should imagine that there are ukcb forum members still out there looking to see if ukcb
is back online and looking at other websites and we all know what it's like joining a website and not knowing anyone Rolling Eyes 

I'm not giving up trying to find old friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 3:37 am

No-one's giving up here LG.

wave

The topic makes for a good debate though.

Taking another of your points Mr B - on my NN forum - which is full of tears and despair - we were having a laugh one day - the subject was gifts our cats bring us - someone posted a pic of a cat with a dead huge great seagull - left in the kitchen - well - it made me LAUGH - the cat wasn't as big - but it wasn't everyone's humour - on the forum -so I DID apologise and take it off.  It still makes me giggle.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 4:32 am

Rolling Eyes Hello L.G.wave 
As Mrs P says No one is giving up on here just yet, this site just needs a push to bring it to the attention of a wider audience that's all, the more the merrier of a wider taste  of interests so to open up the threads with a choice of differing topics etc, but as Niagra pointed out that kind of participation don't just happen it has to be nurtured and grow in statue,that does take time  like getting a business of the ground dose to begin with,what we need is some form of advertising  of the site to potential members,if this site can get maybe a small group of say half a dozen new members and they all are not afraid to make posts and join in with posts the other members make,that would go a long way to kick start the ball game, as any other potential floating members out there trolling the net looking for a safe anchorage site with life in it that sounds and looks of interest,then they to would become a part of the building blocks of a successful site that this site certainly has the potential to become.And as Mrs P rightly said a site needs fair and at times a hardend approachable Moderator etc to control the comings and goings the little disagreements etc or just to be on hand to instruct or offer advice to other members,so to keep the peace by not letting disruptive people to spoil the pleasure of those that simply just want to enjoy the site.  scfwav
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:26 am

Beaver good thread, im not much of a chatter, but i do like to pop in when i can, its late i havent long been home, believe it or not, i went to a stamp Club. i think if chat was still going, i wouldnt be on it as much as before, my life has had a u turn for the better, life isnt empty anymore. Dont get me wrong im not complaining, its nice. Most of the people i ever spoke to on chat, are no longer.  heres a strange one for you, one person knew i saved stamps, and she asked me for my address she lived somewhere in Leeds and she sent me some stamps twice, but she wouldnt allow me to pay for the postage costs, I would of gladly paid, it was so nice to recieve stamps. On my FB i know 2 peoples addresses there from chat, Christmas Card will be written soon.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Rolling Eyes wave Hiya Stumpy, yes I know what your saying there and I must agree with you, a lot of people who we use to know on the old chat site were probly there chatting away because they probly had the time to do so, well you do need the time really don't you, and there is a World out there a real World, when life in the real World is a little slack then its good to chat on sites like this and some friendships formed because of this, but for many its just a period were by some one can just spend the odd spare hour or two each week, but if life suddenly picks up as life dose some times those hours are now then at a premium, Work, Relationships, Children or just life in general can and do over take you and life must be lived and lets face it your legs need to move also so that's a few reasons why some times chat sites can become a tad slow, mind  when you look at it,just who are most likely to use a site such as this one, well the young ones, when I say young ones im referring to 18/25 year olds, the more Modern person of today has grown up with computers and see them as a part of who they are, they tend to use one to organise more of their lifes than most, chatting to their friends and making dates etc, then there are the other end of the scale the older person who has time on their hands, some alone, most retired or unwell, these people are now happy to learn how to use a computer and as more and more do take up the computer then their World is maybe just that little less lonely and boring, the middle ground is far less productive for chatters seeing as how this group are busy in the real World working away in jobs that take up most of their time and looking after their children that's a full time job  in its self, so  time is that much more pressing, so there we have it we have rearly  two areas of potential  interest to aim for to build up a successful chat site, then the real Headache begins Shocked  how do you target certain age groups to gain their interest, what do they find that draws them to stop and take that bit longer look and possibly sign up and post maybe stay awhile Shocked  don't forget they are at each end of the spectrum from each other in interests etc, well that's the sixty thousand dollar question isn't it, the Golden bullet so to speak, any one got any ideas Basketball
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 6:14 am

Chat sites also give an outlet to ppl who are main carers.

One poor guy who is a main carer posted on isitdownrightnow saying he missed his friends from ukcb and was told to move on and get a life which to me was very cruel and that was what prompted me to create this site because there are ppl out there who's lives are restricted for various reasons.
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:10 am

.....how easy it is for some "people" to throw out such cruel comments - they ought to learn to put their brains in gear before opening the mouth

:bmb2:
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:18 am

Definitely! he made it clear that he's a main carer for his wife and the comment made to him was clearly by a person who has absolutely no idea or understanding about main carers.
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:09 am

Beaver as i write this Theres 27 guests on here hidden, i find that strange. Be on a chat site and be hidden so no one can see you

LG i think  you will always find those who thrive on being cruel, i guess a chat site is a good place, as one is hidden
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:22 am

Rolling Eyes Hiya Stump yeah saw them, they come and go with out saying any thing or logging on as we would then see them on here, shame  that,as for those that's only gift in life is to try and upset any one they can by any means at their disposal, well  there's not a  lot one can say about those sort, probley the only entertainment they have in their sordid little lifes, but as Stump says you get them on all sites best just to ignore them and don't give them a response  which really  they crave as then some one is actually communicating with them unlike in their real life's  probly  cool2
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 am

Some of those guests are search engine bots.

People are like sheep, they sign up if they see a lot of people online, if there's only a couple of ppl online then they don't bother...sadly.
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:38 am

LG That explains it
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:46 am

Rolling Eyes Well if they are search engine bots then they have found your site so they better be telling some lost sheep the way to go  whistle
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:52 am

They found the site ages ago but the more activity there is on a site the better the rating.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 8:53 am

and it's our site btw lol!
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 9:05 am

Rolling Eyes Shocked OUR SITE Wink
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:27 am

I prefer "our oasis" 

rokinchr   pln   hgz  rnd
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 pm

scfwav tup rokinchr hgz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Chat had its day ????   Has Chat had its day ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Chat had its day ????
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next