UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeUtility Bills Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Utility Bills

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pandora007
pandora007

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:01 am

I've only just checked - I'm ashamed to write

BUT before I use any gas - water - electricity - the annual standing charges are £272.12.

That's normal bills - no cards/keys.

Yours may be more or less - that's one hell of a shed load of money for services we depend on

I e-mailed Watch Dog.

I'm truly frugal with my use of gas and electric

:reap:
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:14 am

Rolling Eyes That sounds rather a lot Mrs P  Shocked  mind I pay my way with Gas/Electric/water/TV Licence etc with pre arranged payment plans which I pay through out the year,during the summer mounths  my account builds so that iv a good amount to take care of the winter mounths, often resulting in them owing me money back which im looking forwards to at the moment as iv just had my gas metre read and now am waiting for the bill which I know will be well in excess,so am looking forwards to a refund which iv ear marked for a new Fridge freezer iv got my eye on  :cl1:the TV licence though I have to pay a year in advance so im now paying for my next years licence now. Some say its best to pay by direct debit but I like to keep things close and pay at the post office or pay points, works for me any how. cool1
Back to top Go down
niagarafalls
Website Admin
Website Admin
niagarafalls

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:17 am

ice water runs through their vains.

Hello Pandora !

bbl.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Rolling Eyes Mrs P please inform us here what watchdog replies to your email we would be most interested thank you. cool2
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 3:42 am

Hello Mr N

wave 

Mr B - it doesn't matter how you pay - your' still subjected to those standing charges.

I know we pay a standing charge / line rental on our landlines - but gas electric water is what we ALL NEED - there not luxuries - and to start a year with - £ 272 is I feel rather greedy - that's from every household - across the land.

Yes. Of course I'l advise of a watchdog reply - am rather hoping it will be one of their investigations.

happy
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 7:16 am

Rolling Eyes Mrs P  wave 
Yes I know about the standing charge no matter how you pay we all have that bill lamped at us im just saying yes sounds a bit high from what you have said, but I think you will find its a charge these companies slap on the bill to off set the up keep of the equipment that delivers the service to your door i.e. Gas pipe, Electrical cabling laying or repairing said services etc what I would like to know is the total amount they rake in with these surcharges and put that figure against what they spend on replacement, up  keep and repair, if those two figures were made known we could all see for our selves  if we are getting our moneys worth or just being ripped of blind like we  normally are, and if we are maybe the Government should step in and make them own up and adjust our bills accordingly and make any over payment refundable back to the public  cool1 well we could all live in hope but I would not hold my breath waiting for that to happen any day soon to be Honest with you, scratch  scratch
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:17 am

I guess your' right Mr B

happy
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 pm

Rolling Eyes  wave Coo wee Mrs P  wave Yes I think you will find that is usually how they try and justify wringing that bit extra out of their customers, don't stop the customer inquiring and delving into this murky grey area of theirs though, they don't like that, so if some like your self go's on the search for info and they start giving you the run around, that say's that they are hiding some thing they would prefer the General public not know  Twisted Evil  so if you do come up with any thing interesting feel free to share with us on here please  Twisted Evil  cool1  cool2  Wink
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 am

wave 

Indeed I will.

I was thinking there's only so much repairs/maintenance - but I guess then they'd say its for investment  - but surely part of our actual bills is for services - I know the prices are inflated above the actual "product" price - which fluctuates.

I was trying to multiply say £250.00 by say 70 million households - but my calculator can't do the sum - or I can't understand the answer.  

cool2
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Rolling Eyes Did your calculator burn out then Pandora, try phoning  jodrel bank planet observatory I think they have a Machine that's prime duty is to count the stars in our system maybe they could calculate for you then multiply by 2X  cool2 Hope that Helps Mrs P.  Laughing  wave
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyFri May 09, 2014 7:24 pm

I just received a letter from e-On it says

"We estimate that you owe us £309"

I have wrote back- I have just added it all up and I estimate that I owe you 'F*** All' !

I await there response. whistle
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:32 pm

Rolling Eyes  affraid If you used a calculator to add that up Mayflower and that was the calculated result then that calculator is some sort of cool calculator were did you get it from I want one to   Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:47 am

University Of Life-Head&Gob all adds up eventually! Wink
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:14 am

The pitiless thing is that some poor fools would actually pay it hmr 

For utility companies -

:bmb: 

:bmb3:
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 10, 2014 7:39 am

Yes your quite right, and some time ago, I would have been one of those people to have opened up that bill, read what I owed and paid without a second thought. Something good about getting older and wiser I guess, with a little more time to sit and go through my bank statements, and previous metre readings. Not for the faint-hearted. But well worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:26 am

Rolling Eyes Think i'll order a couple of those Calculators  whistle
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:06 am

i dont bother having the heat on when im alone, unless its something like minus 5, i have always liked having a good shower, mind you i do curse when the bills come in
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm

Rolling Eyes I don't like it to hot any way, and as you do Stumpy I don't really have the heating on unless it really gets cold, I like it a little cool rather than hot, my late Wife how ever liked it on, I use to call her as being Nesh (i.e. Cold blooded, as in could not feel the warmth) did I suffer with her cold feet at bed time  Shocked  I use to go and sit out side if I was to hot inside and look at the stars in the cool night air,i use to say well im Male seems we Males have 10% more body heat than Females do and can generate our heat more Easley than Females can  cool2 well I don't know if that is strictly true but I said it any way. whistle
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyWed May 14, 2014 7:11 am

Beaver Theres a lot of truth in what you say about males and warmeth, females love to cuddle up, and nudge the hell out of you if you snore, then ask in the morning if you slept well
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyWed May 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Rolling Eyes Yeah and you forgot about grinding of teeth and letting a silent but deadly go  Shocked 
 I know us men love to subject our opposite halfs to that well known male past time of Blanket wafting but come on now every male knows that those silent ones they release are far more potent than any us males can accomplish and im not even going to mention those cold feet oh I did silly me  whistle
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:14 am

OK you guy's so I had a reply from e-on re; Estimated bill of £309 I owed. I am happy to report that I do not owe such an amount as I had already worked out, they actually owe me £ 126. 54p Said they will credit my e-on account. I said " I don't bloody think so, you will re-credit my bank account from whence you took it." How rude.  Evil or Very Mad 

Me checking out new supplier now. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:25 am

Rolling Eyes Good on you Mayflower, don't let E.on  credit your account with your money which they withdrew from your account, if you did they would be making many extra Millions each year if you totalled up all the others that they had done this to also and then kept it all year to gather interest on it which no you don't get but they do, as I said interest on your and others Money over and above your normal bills that you  pay to them  Shocked  that money is yours not theirs so if kept as they want to and you let them then it should reflect in a reduction in your bill  cool2 and if they do that then its true pigs can fly as they say  whistle No get them to get your money back into your bank forth with and I think they at least owe you a little compo as an apology.  cool1
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptyFri May 16, 2014 8:27 am

Cheers Beaver wave Make you sick don't they? Fancy trying to credit my account with my own money Cheeky B****** 

They make me laugh with all their publicity campaigns, trying to pull in new customers. If they had a look first, they would see we were there all along, we just moved on due to poor customer service. Perhaps if they invested into that instead of worrying about recruiting new customers, they wouldn't need to spend millions on campaigns in the first place!  No
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:41 am

i had tried to sell some princess Diana stamps that wernt published but came onto the market as spicmens stamped across them, i didnt get one look in, i thought i would have made a few bob from Diana collectors, then i had to pay e-balls for the addy    angryy
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:51 am

Rolling Eyes Mayflower looks like E-ON has been ordered  to pay back £12 Million to its customers your one so am I, lets see if we get any thing in the post  whistle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Utility Bills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Utility Bills   Utility Bills Empty

Back to top Go down

Utility Bills
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UKChattabout.co.uk :: Community General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: