UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeIn need of computer care advice please peeps Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

In need of computer care advice please peeps

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pandora007
pandora007

In need of computer care advice please peeps Empty
PostSubject: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 am

For quite a while now my computer has been freezing up - going SLOW - I've had to restart it etc....

during this time I've had pop-ins about tune-ups etc.

Question is: who do I trust - any recommendations -

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 am

Have you got your pop up blocker on honey?
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 2:14 am

Also don't trust any pop ups that are offering pc tune ups, registry cleanups or pc optimisation, in fact don't trust any pop ups.
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 6:29 am

Rolling Eyes like L.G. Says make sure your pop up blocker is turned on, don't trust those Optimizer recommendations  either, if I want any thing I go  into Microsoft down  load Centre were you can often find free down loads to help you keep your computer running better, I also on a regular basis look to Microsoft update Manager to see what is on offer, use tools to delete browsing and cookies and temp files as these don't take long to bung up your system, and make sure you use your computers built in tools, like defraging  your files etc this will organise your system so that your computer has chance to run that bit faster and better, I use mine about every 4 to 6 weeks, if your still not to sure, then just look on line type in search How to do a defragmentation of your system or any other operation that you may require and it will show you how to do it  cool2  Hope this Helps Mrs P. I don't know to much myself,but what I do know is what iv learnt this way and still do if I am not to sure about any thing. Basketball
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 2:56 am

Thank you Mr B.

I'm going to name the Lady who phoned me last night - for AGES - and tutored me - and this morning too.  I have been INTO my computer and have been able to DELETE programmes which have been a BANE.

Not only that - I have been given the confidence to go in there.

I feel blessed - I've made a new friend - I'm so lucky.

The name of my

angel3 

LadyG   THANKYOU
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:18 am

It was a pleasure honey and with the added pleasure of a new friendship that has been born Very Happy  :kis1:
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:55 am

hgz
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 7:57 am

hgz  lh
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:20 am

Having deleted 5 nusience programmes and upped "security" - this is fast - and a pop-in-and-take-over- free zone.

cat
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 7:29 am

lol!  

Want to learn how to design websites?  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:26 am

ME   ???

laughing
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:35 am

Never under estimate yourself honey, you learn more quickly than you think  Very Happy 

You were the one sat in front of your pc the other night and going to the areas in the pc not me and the next morning you were doing it on your own, and that shows how fast you learnt Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of computer care advice please peeps   In need of computer care advice please peeps Empty

Back to top Go down

In need of computer care advice please peeps
Page 1 of 1