UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeNewsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. Empty
PostSubject: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 am

Kenneth Kendall, the former BBC newsreader and Treasure Hunt gameshow host has died, aged 88.

The presenter died in hospital in Newport on the Isle of Wight today.

His agent, Jeremy Hicks, said he had suffered a stroke in recent weeks and never recovered.

Kendall's partner of many years, Mark Fear, said he passed away peacefully.

The couple owned an art gallery on the island after Kendall retired from television.

Kendall, who was born in India, started work at the BBC as a radio announcer before moving on to television in the 1950s where he became well known as a newsreader and a mainstay of the organisation until he left in 1981.
R.I.P Kenneth Kendall.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:20 am

why is it loads of like famous n celebrity people die at christmas ? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 am

There's been loads of famous ppl that have died this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:40 am

yea but always seems that more die just before christmas like its some kinda competition almost like who can die closest to christmas zomie 2
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:45 am

Lots of elderly ppl become very ill or pass away at this time of year, us homecarers always dread the period from October to March, whether it's down to the cold weather, we don't know, but the elderly are more susceptible to flu, chest infections, bronchitis and pneumonia in winter, even more so if they have respitory problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:49 am

ah ha but famous people n celebritys can afford heatin n live in nice houses n can afford like posh care so they shud last better at this time of year
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 8:59 am

Still doesn't protect them from catching germs lol! Take the Norovirus for example, it's known as the Winter Sickness Bug, my daughter has just had it....it can be caught so easily, the virus stays on surfaces for days, so if someone on a bus or train, shop, wherever has not washed their hands after going to the toilet and has the bug....whatever they touch, that bacteria stays there for days....you touch that spot where they touched and at some point put your hand to your mouth or eat food, say a slice of bread...you've put that bacteria into your system....

So many ppl cough, sneeze without covering their mouths, they don't wash their hands often enough and I'm sounding very OCD, but if I wasn't trained in cross infection control, I would've caught the Norovirus from my daughter, but I cleaned every surface, light switches, door handles and anything that she could've touched....and I didn't get it Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:06 am

ugh my mum is a head nurse n she was sooooooo like obcesed about cleanin at home
my bedroom was a sanctuary cos it was the only messy room in the whole house tup
i rekon all the germs n stuff lived there for some peace my grandad always said she was to clean n that a bit of germs n dirt toughed u up
zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2 zomie 2
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:11 am

That is true, but these days there are more nasty germs out there than before cool1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 am

i kno mum always said that no matter how much they cleaned the wards they wud never ever b sure it was totally okies n that they accepted that some people wud get ill from bein in hospital n that long as it wasnt to many they lived wiv it

but then she also use to say there was more chance of dyin from poisonin from the hospital food
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:27 am

She's right there laugh5

How many hospitals now have Burger Kings and shops on the premises? Nearly all of them laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

we went on a skool trip once top the scince museum in london n i always remember that we went to the medical bit n they had like operatin theatre from times gone by n it was like omg how did people even live witch
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:33 am

Most of them died from blood poisoning lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 am

does that mean hospital food was better back then so less died of food poisonin laugh5
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 am

I should imagine the food storage wasn't too clever in those days either, and way who would want to eat when in agony having legs, arms etc sawn off with no anesthetic?? I would'nt want a BigMac Quarter Pounder after that lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:01 am

mayb they recycled the body parts in the hospital kitchens laughing
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. EmptySat Dec 15, 2012 10:03 am

Well times were hard back then......

sick

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.   Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died. Empty

Back to top Go down

Newsreader Kenneth Kendall Has Died.
Page 1 of 1