UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeA Stamps Collectors Dilemma Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

A Stamps Collectors Dilemma

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stumpy

A Stamps Collectors Dilemma Empty
PostSubject: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 10:05 pm

When I was young I wanted to save stamps
There were many things that were needed
From tweezers to watermark lamps
I began to wonder if I had been smart with what I had started

I never did like sending letters to people
The thought of licking the queen's backside put me off
Think how many people did that in general
I suffered badly with what known as the queen's backside’s cough

I was brave and persevered
People laughed and sneered
I started to save stamps from England
Then Island, Ireland the list is too long to be mentioned

Finally I stuck with my home country
Variations watermarks, inverted ones, this kept me busy
Soon I stood chin deep in my hobby
And often I looked rather bleary

Ones collection will never be completed
It's impossible, oh the pain, I'm wounded
I do have a few that makes one feel proud
I remember when I first got them I was wowed

I guess my stamp collection will keep going on
God I’m brave, I will persevere I will be strong
If you have any spare, think of dear old Jonathan
Be a sport and send them, I hope you don’t think I’m spongin’

04/01/2012 12:37 Copyright Jonathan Danyali
Back to top Go down
MidnightTiger76RT
Highest Total Of Forum Posts Achiever
Highest Total Of Forum Posts Achiever
MidnightTiger76RT

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 am

I cant remember the last time i bought a stamp. And after your description about
licking the queen's backside i might give it a miss Laughing

Nice work though
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptyFri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am

Rolling Eyes Dose that mean then that the Royal mail is now called Bum Mail then hp2: nice one Stump emb2
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 6:21 am

Midnightiger, thank you
Beaver since its gone private many have lost intrest, its like its lost that certain or kind of pride
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:21 am

cool2 Yeah Stump,well you dont now have to lick stamps if you send E.Mail do you,i have got a stamp Album some were,not seen it in years,used to belong to my Eldest Brother and he was in his 80's,he had it when he was a young lad and gave it to me,trouble is he stuck the stamps on the pages and not used those little hindges,so the got stuck good and propper,but like i said i have not a clue were it is now,i can remember the Albam was called Atlas if that rings any bells with you. Shocked
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:31 am

Atlas Albums, that’s going back some, Black page albums with grease proof paper in between the pages are popular today. every time i come to England I buy blotting paper as it cost a arm and leg, blotting paper you ask, what’s that got to do with stamp collecting, some of the stamps have small signs like D or a star on the back and if you soak them to long they erase, are you Falling asleep yet? At the moment I’m sorting out penny reds, as you know they have different number plates, and each plate number has many variations like the letters in the corners the letters start from a and go up to T for example A-A . A-B and so on up to T Then there’s B-A. B-B up till T until it ends in T-T. This hobby is great if you suffer from insomnia
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:27 am

Shocked Shocked emb2 Shocked Stumpy you clearly are a grand master of the stamp collecting world cool2 i have not collected stamps since i was about 15 years old,that Album the Atlas iv looked high and low for it,i recon its in the loft some where with the spiders,i know i flogged a £1 postage stamp and a £5 one,and i did have a worldcup winners stamp with worldcup winners written on it,sorry flogged that one to,think iv still got in that Album a world cup winners minus the loggo Shocked well i smoked back then and was a bit short so they went like Laughing cool1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stamps Collectors Dilemma   A Stamps Collectors Dilemma Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UKChattabout.co.uk :: Interests :: Poetry-
Jump to: