UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeCooking with pandora Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Cooking with pandora

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pandora007
pandora007

Cooking with pandora Empty
PostSubject: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 4:48 am

I tried something different to eat today -

healthy - full of vitamins - and vegetables -

it was ok ish - sort of thai - ish -  I used miso paste -

the colour wasn't as anticipated - sort of grey/green - more grey-

the taste was 70% there.....

needs tweeking scratch
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
Mayflower

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 7:07 am

Yeah but good for you for trying something new, keep tweeking.
I seem to cook the same things week in week out. I realise Its because food is getting so expensive and its difficult to waste when things go wrong, or you like it-but no one else does! Oh I can feel a Nigella Moment coming on. cheers
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:04 pm

Rolling Eyes I like to experiment with different things myself, well not as much as once did,but I still like to try new things, recently iv been on the home made soup kick chucking this and that in and have made some surprising tasty soups, and just this week have been making burgers with chilli and cayenne pepper etc in and with Turkey mince not Beef or lamb they will be next on my list to do, did one batch with out egg in and one with I must say the one with out tasted and came out the best to my and my sons taste  cool1
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:29 pm

I think I might make a kind of vegetable bake today -

I think yesterday was a planet too far -

I tried doing pork/chicken kebabs last week and they were wizard - I found marinating the meat in olive oil lemon juice and chili flakes first quickened their cooking.

cat
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Jeez I'm starving now. Thanks for that. Now where's me toaster! whistle
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Rolling Eyes Lemon juice will start the cooking of on its own Mrs P and the olive oil will also be good to  get those juices going when the Heat hits it and those chilli flakes will impart their flavour lovely all tho the chilli when cooking can hit the back of your throat making you cough a little and your eyes to water a bit  Laughing  I love Jamaican jerk seasoning which I buy from a Caribbean store and black pepper I find it go's with most things including gravy's, soups, stew's, as well as a Marinate  I love the stuff  cool2
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:04 am

Rolling Eyes Right time is racing on now so im off to get started on my lads and mine's Sunday dinner  Soup starter and then roast chicken dinner have an ice cream cone for afters  scfwav best get started now by  wave
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:31 am

wave
Back to top Go down
niagarafalls
Website Admin
Website Admin
niagarafalls

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 3:53 am

cof: I know how to boil water  lol!
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:11 am

Well its a great start niagarafalls.   cheers
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:43 am

wizzrd 

Turned out bootifullll.....and it looked good....yummy cat
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyMon May 12, 2014 9:05 am

Laughing Well done Mrs P  Wink 

:wit: <<<<<< Me making soup  Laughing  Laughing  

zombie brains <<<<<<< Niagra's first attempt at Toast   Laughing
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:55 am

That was ME making THAT soup saturday No 

am doing another vegetable bake today jocolor
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 5:13 am

in the week days i live off snacks, i suffer from lazyitis, come weekend its either roast chicken or roast beef, I dont know about England chicken is cheap over here
Back to top Go down
niagarafalls
Website Admin
Website Admin
niagarafalls

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 7:54 am

Last night I bought a pre made hambuger from supermarket put in pan and cook .
Hambuger and pork & beans simples. 

Except the hambuger didn't cook and I don't know why. It seemed to me it was the pan log enough ,but it wasn't. Maybe it's the stove that don't do it right. I can tell you half cooked hambuger is no good !Beans you can eat out the can so's half cooked beans is ok  lol!
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:48 am

A friend dropped round after work - and I offered him supper - he selected an Iceland chicken teriyaki  stirfry plus musrooms and fresh chili -

I thought the pot was HOT when it all got tipped in - by the smoke - and I know the pack said 20 minutes - but he was done in ten - he topped it with two chili sauces and chili flakes - admitting it could have done with longer -

I think he had a death wish

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Rolling Eyes Mrs P if I do any Iceland meals and I do have them when I want some thing quick, I normally pop into micro wave do them for recommended setting but for half the time stated, I then leave to stand for a minute or two then blast them again for the other time that was remaining plus a couple minutes, all ways perfectly cooked and pipeing hot  Wink I think our Niagra could well do with a Micro wave cooker a single mans best friend they say or a none cooker persons best friend the holy Grail of the meat pie  Laughing for Niagra's  first lesson don't put any thing metal i.e. tin foil wrappers or trays, knifes forks or spoons inside a micro wave or Caboom  micro wave is gone up in smoke ok  
 Laughing ,,,Right Hambergers  bung in cold Hamburger in the bap or cob and full power for a couple minutes should be enough, taste it first and if not hot enough bung in again for another minute simple, most packet meals come with micro wave cooking instructions on packet, take those times and settings and in my experience add a couple minutes on to stated times, beans open tin empty tin into a small pan bug tin away and turn gas on light it and put pan on flame stir beans using a wood spoon or any spoon that comes to hand, keep stiring until you see it start to bubble it should be hot enough at that point, pour over some toast or side of plate if its part of a fry up  :w1:don't say you don't know how to do toast do you  Shocked take as many slices you want and turn grill on let grill heat up for a few minutes then bung bread onto grill pan and slide under grill flame wait checking all the time until you see bread browning,wait until one side is well brown not black then turn bread over and do same other side as soon as bread is brown both side you have Toast, turn gas off and butter toast or have it plain your choice  Wink there you now know how to do toast so now you can have a hot meal of Bergers and Beans on Toast  Laughing  Laughing
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyTue May 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Tonight - having a cod bake with cheese and chive and breadcrumb topping* and brown bread and a smear of butter.

*Tesco's.
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:52 am

this morning i had one of these power energy drinks with so much milk, and tonight baked beans on toast, was going to have cheese and tomato sandwiches but i didnt feel so lazy tonight, maybe tomorrow.  laugh5 Tonight im going to enjoy a glass of stag whisky La Chaim
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:53 am

I spiced the evening up by making a good old curry a chicken and prawn curry nice and hot using two whole scotch Bonnet chilli's complete with the seeds as well, an ice cold Beer was on stand by for emergency cooling of the Tonsils tomorrow I have orders from his Majesty the fruit of my loins to do ether a cottage pie or spaghetti and meat balls in a thick gravy  this is yet to be decided on and is open to change at short notice, but if he don't make up his mind by mid day tomorrow im of for a pub lunch and he can do some thing for him self which would be an eye opener to say the least. lol!
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyWed May 14, 2014 10:17 pm

You'd make a lovely wife

Wink
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptyThu May 15, 2014 12:50 am

Rolling Eyes  Shocked  affraid
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySat May 17, 2014 12:47 am

tonight smash and bread and butter and .......... anythinmg i can find thats simple
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySat May 17, 2014 6:28 am

Rolling Eyes Ham salad today and a bowl of home made  Tomato and veg soup  Wink
Back to top Go down
Mayflower

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora EmptySat May 17, 2014 7:02 am

Oh my goodness Stumpy, Smash and bread and butter, that took me back to my student days. It was several weeks before my mother told me it would be far nicer if I added boiling water to the smash...do you know  she was right, delicious cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking with pandora   Cooking with pandora Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooking with pandora
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next