UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeMoney goes up in smoke..... Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Money goes up in smoke.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pandora007
pandora007

Money goes up in smoke..... Empty
PostSubject: Money goes up in smoke.....   Money goes up in smoke..... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:15 am

I really don't mean to be an old humbug - but I thought it abominable - the amount of money that was spent on Londons firework display last night - new year or not - when this government pleads poverty and is cutting welfare like an eating machine.
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

PostSubject: Re: Money goes up in smoke.....   Money goes up in smoke..... EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 4:06 am

A good point there honey, they were'nt that spectacular either, but it's all a show
for the other countries that do a firework display for the new year...keeping up with the Jones's thing.

fw2
Back to top Go down
beaver12
October 2013 top poster
October 2013 top poster
beaver12

PostSubject: Re: Money goes up in smoke.....   Money goes up in smoke..... EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 11:46 pm

wizzrd  fw1:  fw2
Back to top Go down
stumpy

PostSubject: Re: Money goes up in smoke.....   Money goes up in smoke..... EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:55 pm

This last year one has heard about cutbacks and cutbacks over here, yet some people spend over 1000 kr on fireworks, and less than ½ hour its finished. I think its great to see the fireworks, but i wonder sometimes about how things are. When i a nipper (so long ago) bonfire night we use to all get together, and there was hot soup with bread and butter, many houses in the street turned up, it was a joint effort. I must admit i dont remember the fireworks at New Year, but its like the sociale part is dieing. Also i remember one was gratful for a Christmas present, I have seen familys get angry or dissapointed if they get the wrong present, its like the nice atmosphere can be cut with a deadly knife
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Money goes up in smoke.....   Money goes up in smoke..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Money goes up in smoke.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UKChattabout.co.uk :: Community General Chat :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: