UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomewelcome jeepster Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

welcome jeepster

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

welcome to our ikkle site jeepster happy
please feel free to joim in the forums addin new replies or topics
if you have anythin arty to share then please dont be shy

dont forget to add somethin about urself in ur profile cool2

coffee n donuts are available :ccf:

tox
Back to top Go down
MidnightTiger76RT
Highest Total Of Forum Posts Achiever
MidnightTiger76RT

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:44 am

Did someone mention coffee and doughnuts? cheers

Welcome Jeepster tup
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:36 am

wave Jeepster

coffee and donuts were stated - I'd love a real cream and jam one whistle
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
MidnightTiger76RT
MidnightTiger76RT

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 pm

I do wish you would stop mentioning fresh cream doughnuts Very Happy . Especially now they dont do them by me anymore. Greggs used to make the best, now their just awful, with hardly any jam. Its a swizz! bounce
Back to top Go down

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:26 pm

u cud make a hole in the doniut then get one of them cans of squirty cream n squirt loads inside

just stop if it starts to inflate to much cos it may burst
emb2
Back to top Go down
MidnightTiger76RT
MidnightTiger76RT

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 am

I dont mind being covered in jam and fresh cream! lol emb2
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:31 am

It IS a greggs in Town.....and they are the BEST
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
MidnightTiger76RT
MidnightTiger76RT

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptyFri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am

You know for years, around here "Greggs" was actually called "Braggs". They changed the name a few years ago to fall in line with the rest of the country. I had heard it was because of Charles Braggs, the original founder of the company, but dont quote me on that. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 pm

One day I went up the main road to a shop I wanted to go to and spotted this little place that looked empty, it had a quaint shop front and it was a bakers, anyway it looked like it was closed down, then one Saturday morning it was open and I went in, there was an elderly lady behind the counter and we got chatting, the shop had been in her family since the 19th century, the inside was also very quaint, she showed me the kitchen and it was huge and fitted with all the stainless steel fixtures that's required by the food hygiene standards, she only opened on Saturday mornings as she was in poor health and waiting to have a hip operation, her son wasn't interested in taking over the shop either.
Trade was slow anyway because of shops like Greggs, but I prefer the old bakers, the fresh bread etc tastes far better than anything Greggs sells and if I had the money I would've have bought the place as I think it would've been a little a gold mine, it was close to the railway station and the only changes I would've done would be having hot drinks, soup and fresh sandwiches to sell, the look of the shop I would've have kept but just freshened up with a lick of paint.

The shop is now closed down, so whether she was unable to carry on or has passed away I don't know, but it's a real shame that the old fashioned bakers is now almost extinct. No
Back to top Go down
MidnightTiger76RT
MidnightTiger76RT

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 am

That's because the big name supermarkets now have their own "bakers", "butchers" and an "off license". All the little individual businesses have gone. Apart from a few niche markets.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:30 am

Yep! An unsung part of the British Industry that has slowly died away.
Back to top Go down

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:43 am

we have a long road where i live where all of them shops still are but they are way more expensive than goin to tescos Rolling Eyes

but tescos dont have a chippy
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 am

Maybe they still have a good trade, but here the bakers weren't that much more expensive, I used to love walking by bakers in the mornings and smelling the fresh bread aromas, and local pubs brewery deliveries and the smell coming from the beer kegs.....heaven!!! lol!
Back to top Go down

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 am

some of the shops dont look very er clean i wudnt wanna go in them tbh even tho i grew up round where we live

theres a few we go in but some defo not theres pubs round here i wud never go in either cos they have a bit of a rep
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 am

A lot of our pubs have gone. all the bars that opened took the trade, but I must say any pubs, greengrocers, butchers and bakers are clean, they have to be when they have regular inspections by the council.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

welcome jeepster Empty
PostSubject: Re: welcome jeepster   welcome jeepster Empty

Back to top Go down

welcome jeepster
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UKChattabout.co.uk :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introduce Yourself-
Jump to: