UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeOven Chips..... Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Oven Chips.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pandora007
pandora007

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 5:12 am

:bmb: What the use are "oven chips" - disgusting - bearing no relation to the golden crisp real chip....or do you disagree - or maybe you have another use for them ????
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:23 am

I use oven chips because I can't stand the smell of hot oil, but if we want good hearty chips we get them from the chippy Laughing
Back to top Go down

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:12 am

we hav a chippy a just a few mins walk so alway shop chips for us wiv wot ever we cook Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:26 am

You can't beat the chippy's chips!! lol!
Back to top Go down

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 am

epesh wiv cheese or curry sauce lgh6
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:48 am

Exactly - I'v ordered a deep fat fryer - for tempura vegetables and chippies - there's no chippie where I am - just take out curry/chicken shops Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:52 am

my mum had a deep fat fryer til she managed to set fire to it somehow n omg the kitchen smelt for weeks after Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:23 am

My daughter managed to toast the flex to the toasted sandwich maker somehow, she's lucky she didn't blow herself up! She did enjoy her toasties though lol!
Back to top Go down

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 10:34 am

i hav left spoons n forks in stuff i hav put in the microwave n made loads n loads of sparks emb2
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am

oven chips are realy cheap over here, and to crown it all, there aint a chippy Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 am

Yea you bung em in a little electric deep fat fryer, they come out crispy then and they only take about 5minutes, thats what i do. You can get cheep ones only about 15 quid. Right thats enough chip chat, back to me brousing knickers on Marks n Spencers page, Phwoooooor.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:56 pm

Rolling Eyes

How can anyone associate deep fat fryers with knickers??? scratch
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 am

.....I guess there both "HOT" Rolling Eyes

well - I'v tried out my fryer - chips taste the same as using a chip-pan - except it cooks twice as many and its quicker and it has a safety cutout.....and it cooks frozen oven chips....now I'v thrown them out - but would they taste like homemade - Hmmmm..... cool2
Back to top Go down
MidnightTiger76RT
Highest Total Of Forum Posts Achiever
Highest Total Of Forum Posts Achiever
MidnightTiger76RT

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:59 pm

The only benefit for me is they dont end up covered in oil.
But i rarely eat them. If im in a rush i through a couple of potato
waffles into the toaster. 3-5 mins golden brown crisp and lovely

Wink
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 am

I finally worked out the near purrfect chip in my deepfat fryer - fry till just slightly coloured - then lift out - wait for oil to come back to temperature and plunge - mmmm.....I guess the same as a chippan - but it has a safety cut out and you can cook twice as many chips:bounce:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oven Chips..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oven Chips.....   Oven Chips..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oven Chips.....
Page 1 of 1