UKChattabout.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest imagesHomeHorsemeat Burgers. Banner20Log inRegisterRecent Posts

Horsemeat Burgers.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 am

Well it's nearly 2 weeks ago since it hit the news that Tesco's and Iceland's value beefurgers contained horsemeat....and haven't heard anymore on it.

So are the supermarkets checking all their beef products for horsemeat, or are we left to take a gamble that because it says beef on the packaging we'll buy it?

sick

Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:53 am

witch I think if I ate one and found out later that I had - it may turn me vegetarian for a while -

:mchgun: for naughty burger makers......
Back to top Go down
http://pandora333@hotmail.co.uk
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 6:06 am

They said that eating horsemeat wouldn't harm us so therefore nobody can sue....but I thought hang on a minute! ppl were buying the *beefburgers* that had beefburgers printed on the packaging and thinking the burgers were pure beef....I bet it didn't say *contains horsemeat*.
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:33 am

apparantly traces of horse DNA were found ( guessing in health and quality checks) and I suppose they "came clean" rather than it spread over the front pages.....

but it does open a BIG question - what the HELL are we eating - despite reading those labels Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:08 am

so why do americans call them hamburgers? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 am

after seeing im a celebrity get me out of here WHAT part horse was in those burgers laughing
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:26 pm

I could easily turn vegetarian, it's also the best diet....as for that Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, I think that is so wrong to get ppl to eat all that wierd stuff...one day someone is going to have a very bad reaction to that.

But as for what goes into our food, I suffer with IBS, was diagnosed with it in '98, all of a sudden things like baked beans, tomato soup, weetabix, white bread, salad cream and other food stuff were having an adverse effect on me, and these were things I had consumed since I was a child......and the amount of ppl who suffer with IBS and other digestive disorders like Diverticulitis etc is very high.....these problems were hardly heard about from the 60s and so on, even before the 60s, so that tells me it's the rubbish that gets put into our food.

It's best to cook from scratch tbh instead of buying tinned and packaged stuff, but fresh meat and other fresh products are more expensive to buy, even the *healthy* and organic products are expensive to buy....you can't win Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:25 am

tesco have sacked suppliers as they used unchecked suppliers and tescos have put full dna testing in place a bit late really the damage is done

hope head of buying and stock control get sack also Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:23 am

at least we now know what happened to shergar

as the state of horsemeat in food gets worse i really am glad i use a good local butcher makes his own mince and only uses meat off own farm

home made burgers only from now on and i so glad i dont like ready meals Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:28 am

u keep ur own horses mikk? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:08 am

toxic only nags i got are the ladies on here laugh5
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 am

Nags????

Fine!!!

Get your own coffee in future! pfftttt!!!

I'm alright though..... :ccf: tup
Back to top Go down
Grumpy_Git

Grumpy_Git

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:33 am

You can buy a stake in a race horse for 50 thousand pounds.....

or a race horse in a steak for £2.99.... bargain.
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:44 am

and now we have Findus Lasagne 100% horsemeat sick
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:18 am

the french are probs wonderin wot all the fuss is about Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:25 am

Maybe they are, but ppl should be given a choice as to what meat content they want to eat.....it's been done because horsemeat is cheap.

When I was at home, my mum used to feed our dog horsemeat, I remember the smell of it when she was boiling it up for the dog sick

After so many years of our dog eating the stuff, he looked like he had developed mange, his fur was going thin and bald on his back, took him to the vets and it was the horsemeat causing it, once stopped, his fur grew back lovely Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 9:33 am

tbh we hav had quite a few ready meal sheperds pies Rolling Eyes kinda gone off them now Shocked
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:30 am

supebest super market and another chain, have taken English meat off the selves, cant really blame them
Back to top Go down
Ladygenie

Ladygenie

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:45 am

Stick with your butchers and do home cooking rather than ready meals is the safest bet.
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 12:44 pm

home cooking, you should thank your lucky stars you havent tasted my home cooking,
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 7:43 pm

maybe we will just avoid anythin wiv mince beef in it cos i wudnt kno where to start askin in a butcher shop for stuff Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Grumpy_Git

Grumpy_Git

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 am

How many times have you heard somebody say "I'm so hungry i could eat a horse"?

Now they're moaning about it...
Back to top Go down
pandora007
pandora007

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am

laugh5

guess we should be careful what we wish for....

I been eating homemade stuffed peppers - forgot how nice they are - worth the time it takes me - I got quite a few ready made hotpots in the freezer - not sure now about eating them whistle
Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 1:31 pm

well i do believe the supermarkets will be doiung lots offers soon to get customers back as this will be hurting profits

my butcher reckons his sales have trebled good for him as small business needs a lift in this economy
Back to top Go down
stumpy

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:49 pm

I think one is buying less and less meat out of the supermarket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Horsemeat Burgers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Horsemeat Burgers.   Horsemeat Burgers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Horsemeat Burgers.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UKChattabout.co.uk :: Community General Chat :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: